Toronto West Executive:
- Board Representative: Hilda Swirsky, RN, BScN, MEd hswirsky@RNAO.ca
- Immediate Past Board Representative: Paula Manuel, RN, MN pmanuel@RNAO.ca
- Policy & Political Action Executive Network Officer (ENO): Hilary Hall
- Communications ENO: Monica DiFonzo
- Social Media ENO: Kathleen Kerr & Holly Smither
- Financial Officer: Marva McCalla
- Membership ENO: Vacant
- Student representative Humber/UNB: Christine Carlile
- Student representative York University: Catherine Cenkowski, Ashley Aman
- Student representative University of Toronto: TBC
- Student representative UOIT Egers Metaj
- Assembly Rep: Kamala Persad-Ford
- Assembly Rep: Paula Manuel
Deadline is extended to 11:59pm November 30th so register now. Members and non-members are welcome!
Do you know where your candidates stand on health and health care in the upcoming election?
Hear directly from the candidates and ask your questions on health and health care by attending a debate close to you. Listen to what they have to say. Reflect on what they want to do. Make an informed choice about your future.
Be a part of the process. It’s your right. It does makes a difference.
Contact Hilda Swirsky for more information.
Get informed, get engaged, and get ready to cast your vote.
Region 6 & Region 7 Executive Invites you to the 3rd Annual December Celebration
Thursday December 3, 2015 @ 5:30 PM.
The Monte Carlo Inn (Savoy Suite) 7255 Warden Ave. (just north of Steeles)
Speaker: President Elect, Carol Timmings
Great Food! Great Speaker! Great Social!
Cost: Members $25.00
Non-Members: $35.00, Students $15.00
Celebrate 25th & 40th Year Member Awards - Door Prizes
As the finale of the Political Cafés for 2015, we are hosting the capstone event for all RNs in Region 6 &7:
Where? Bread and Bowl, 2 Murray Street, Toronto (Elm and University, near Mt. Sinai Hospital)
When? Tuesday, June 9, 2015, 6 - 9 p.m.
Refreshments and light snacks provided. All RNs welcome even if not an RNAO member
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitated by Region 7 political action committee members and Brian Hyndman, MHSc, PhD(C). Brian has over twenty years of experience in building the capacity of those involved in healthy policy making. His current research focuses on health equity and policy change strategies specifically focused on the social determinants of health. He is a past member of the Toronto Board of Health.
We encourage RNAO Region 6 members to log on to MyRNAO March 31st to begin voting on the positions up for election.
We have attached the profiles of the President Elect candidates, we wish them well and thank you for stepping forward.
Also thank you to Hilda Swirsky and congratulations, she will be the next Region 6 Representative for the term of 2015-2017.
Region 6 Representative
Dear Region 6 Members:
2015 is an important year for RNAO as we mark our milestone of 90 years, the work of planning the RNAO Annual General Meeting (AGM) for April 16-18 have been underway for a number of weeks. This email is our annual call for 19 Consultation Representatives (formerly Voting Delegates) to represent Region 6 (Toronto West).
The requirements of the position:
- you need to be a RN,
- a regular RNAO member,
- participate in a Region Resolutions Meeting prior to the RNAO AGM
- be available for sessions and business meeting (see below) to be held at the Hilton Hotel Toronto
RSVP with your RNAO number to Paula Manuel, email@example.com by Friday, February 6, 2015
Consultation Representatives play a vital role in the activities of the Association. As our Representative(s) you must attend:
- Thursday April 16, 2015, the Resolutions Session** directly PRECEDING the Opening Ceremonies;
- Friday April 17, 2015, the full day of the AGM in person, and will also actively participate in the afternoon consultation session where the Resolutions will be discussed and decided upon. The AGM is an exciting experience - but one that requires commitment and time. Consultation Representatives are on call during all of the business sessions.
- **Discussion – over dinner – with submitters of resolutions and RNAO Parliamentarian, at 5:10 pm – 6:10 pm. This session is mandatory for Consultation Representatives – and is restricted to Consultation Reps, Board Members, RNAO Parliamentarian, and submitters of Resolutions only
Thank you, details on hotel and AGM registration will be communicated on confirmation of Consultation Rep status.